Summary and Goal:|
Self-motivated individual with attention to detail and proven creative
problem-solving abilities seeking systems engineering position.
Skills and Training:|
|10 Years Experience, Strong Object-Oriented Skills|
|Intel x86 (13 Years), 1802, 6809, 68HC11, TMS320c30|
- Intel x86 Advanced Instructions
|x87, MMX, SSE, 3DNow!|
|ISA, LCD controllers, 68HC11, SRAM, current drivers, RS422, RS232, LVDS, 74xx/4xxx logic, PLD (PEEL/PAL)|
|D/A, A/D, Automotive Sensors, Laser, High-speed Galvanometer|
- Embedded System Environments
|68HC11, AMD AM188ES, TMS320c30, Philips TriMedia|
|MFC, COM, DirectX, Visual Studio, Source Safe|
|GCC, MySQL, QT, Red Hat 7.1, 9.0|
|Industrial Vision, Audio Processing, Voice Recognition|
|Industrial Control, 3D Graphics, Genetic Algorithms, Morphing, Image Processing, Data Compression, Wavelets|
|DOS, Win9x, WinNT/2000, Linux|
- 1999-2003Semiconductor Technologies & Instruments, Plano, Texas.
- Cut package inspection algorithm execution time 60% by coding low-level functions in MMX assembly.
- Designed, implemented, documented, and supported an embedded computer system for controlling myriad aspects of an integrated package inspection system. Code written in C.
- Wrote DLL interface in C++ for integrating WAV-1000 wafer inspection system with Electroglas EG-4090 prober.
- Integrated high-speed CMOS camera and 8-CPU DSP board with WAV-1000 3D Bump Inspection. Wrote all interface code in C++.
- 1993 - PresentFascination Software
- 2002 Designed and implemented proprietary algorithm for image database fuzzy search and matching
- 1999 Designed 320c32-based system for MP3 decoding and playback. Designed and built SRAM expansion board.
- 1999 Designed and built an embedded dual-LCD digital dash replacement for 1989 Chevy Celebrity. Code written in HC11 assembly.
- 1993 Wrote 100% assembly-language MMX-optimized 3D engine
- 1994 Published commercial software called MetaMorf with Villa Crespo software, Highland Park, IL
- Wrote image morphing program in C and x86 assembly language. Shareware version called RMorf.
- Summer 1998IBM Corporation, Rochester, Minnesota.
- Formulated test cases and wrote test code in C to debug Cluster messaging infrastructure and API for V4R5 of the AS/400 operating system.
- Summer 1997Norand Corporation, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Designed and implemented an inventory control and test program in C to be used with 6400 PEN*KEY handheld PCs.
- Used Berkeley sockets interface with the 6400 PEN*KEY's DOS TCP/IP stack over Open Wireless LAN.
- Summer 1996Motorola, Inc, Schaumburg, Illinois.
- Wrote modem testing and source-code maintenance utilities in C for in-house use.
- Wrote Win32 utility program shipped with PC Card modems for flash update of the card's CIS data.
- Summer 1993Rockwell International, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Revised ARC-182 radio remote control code (in RCA 1802 assembly language) to support new voice encryption feature called HAVE-QUICK.
B.S., Computer Engineering, Iowa State University, May 1999
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University, May 1999
Honors and Activities:|
Mensa, National Merit Scholar, Dean's List, National Honor Society, Salutatorian of High School Class, Iowa All-State choir.